Director of Communications
The Energy Impact Center seeks a Director of Communications to run press relations and messaging strategy for our organization. You will hone and convey our narrative of Deep Decarbonization to audiences around the world. Working collaboratively and creatively with the content team you will develop credible and compelling messages that correct misconceptions about nuclear energy and will work to persuade various audiences, through media, of the importance of nuclear energy in the political and societal landscape. You will report to the Managing Director.
The position is full time and is located in our Washington, D.C. office.
Research, pitch, and develop long term relationships with journalists
*Must have this experience in a previous role
*Bonus for having a rolodex of existing environmental/energy/tech reporters
- Segment and understand our audiences
- Establish clear messaging
- Articulate our organization's differentiation and value prop
Secure speaking opportunities, awards, and generate newsworthy opportunities
Writing (speeches, op-eds, ghostwriting, press-releases)
- A storyteller with an eye for what is newsworthy and relevant in a cluttered, fast-paced media landscape
- Outstanding writing and grammatical skills paired with an ability to tightly proofread and copy edit
- Keen time management and organizational skills
- Eager to learn and grow alongside an advancing organization
- Persuasive written and verbal communication skills leveraged to engage with reporters and media
- Able to turn knowledge into exciting and useful messages and distribute them to the right audiences
- Collaborating with diverse teams, and managing multiple initiatives at once excites you
- You have at least 8 years of communications experience – creating and implementing strategies and developing online content.
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, communications, or business, is preferred and a grad degree in a related field is desirable.
To Apply, please email:
Subject: Press Relations Officer
- 5 sentence cover letter in body of the email
- List one episode you have listened to of the
"Titans of Nuclear" podcast
- LinkedIn profile link
- Resume in pdf format